Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Quirks!

Rules: list who tagged you, list 6 quirks, tag 6 people. Katie tagged me so here goes!

-I have a bad habit of picking scabs, my face, my nose, etc.. sick i know! I think it's a bored or nervous habbit. Yes, I know it only makes my face look worse but still I continue to pick it, it absolutely drives my husband crazy, especially when I make myself bleed.

-I can't stand a messy house, toys should be played with in the toy room, shoes and clothes should always be put in the closet it they are not being worn, dirty dishes should always go straight to the dishwasher etc.. however, I hate to clean my shower, dust, clean baseboards, clean blinds, wash windows etc.... you know all the deep cleaning(sounds contradicting, I know).

-I am what some people would say a terrible or scary driver. I constantly have to go at least 10 mph over the speed limit, Troy would say I tailgate, my mother and some others often hold tight to the door handle or whatever they can grab. I do tend to my children in the backseat alot while driving and maybe talking on my cell phone or eating maybe both! I can't drive behind people even if they are doing an okay speed I have to go around them. Yes, I have had over 10 speeding tickets, and my license revoked twice. You would think I would learn considering it's dangerous and high car insurance sucks!

-I tend to shop a lot! I always give my mom crap for buying to much but I see myself following her pattern. I start buying for the next season about 3 months early so by the time it gets here I have about 3 times too much stuff and usually try to give some of it away because I usually have my 10 favorites anyway so the other 20 new items just sit there. I buy things in multiples(at least until I can decide what I want to keep) 3 colors of curtains for the bedrooms, 3 sets of sheets for the new bedspreads, 2 different bedspreads, 3 shower curtains, 3 different colors of bath rugs, 4 or 5 different colors of bath towels etc.. please don't repeat this to Troy, I have a lot of returns to make very soon.

-I don't do laundry like your suppose to. Instead of groups like whites, lights, darks, jeans, towels etc... it just all goes together, except clothes that are really dirty like Troy's work clothes or anything new that hasn't been washed. Then it sits in the clean hamper until there is about 5 loads before I fold and put them away, so I usually put a load in a day but only fold about once a week(I hate to fold and put away laundry like I hate to unload the diswasher).

- I do not like to store or hold onto stuff. I would sometimes rather throw away and re-buy later then to have to store some things. I constantly go through my kids toys and throw away some of the old stuff, or if it's missing pieces-garbage! I wish I was better at saving things like stuff Kennadee brings home from pre-school or the $20 toys we buy at the circus that I should keep for the memory sake, but I feel like I want to get rid of the clutter.

I tag: Leslie, Emily, Shelly, Melanie, Trisha, Kirsha. Have fun girls!

9 comments:

Jill said...

YOur funny. I love how you over buy for everything. It makes me feel better. :) You should really put an add in the paper and be a professional shopper.

camigodfrey said...

From Troy:
I rarely read your Blog, but I happened to read this one. I think you covered all the things that bug me. Your inefficient shopping is no secret! I read somewhere that humans can only change themselves 1/2 of a percent per year on average. So in 200 years you'll be fixed! You're definitely worth the wait.

Quinn and Melanie said...

Thanks for the tag...you sucker!! I laughed so hard. Everything you wrote is everything I do. Crazy! The laundry thing...still drives Quinn crazy. Why seperate...it takes to LONG! Loved the post. :)

Shelly Traveller said...

How funny, I'm a total picker! I've done this tag so I'll spare myself the humiliation of coming up with six more (although I probably could.)
And I think I'll go throw my wash in all intogether, it sounds like the thing to do. I guess I've always just been to afraid.

Niki said...

It sounds like you have been busy. Yes, it will be for you guys to move in. By the pics it looks like it is coming along really good.
What do you mean a two bedroom, I have been in there and it has more then that:)

Niki said...

P.S. I loved the message from Troy:)

Anonymous said...

You are hilarious... I am glad I am not the only one with silly quirks.

Janette said...

you make me laugh with your quirks :) the house looks like it's coming along good. how are you liking it? hope you guys are doing good. troy's comment cracks me up!

Bennetts said...

Cami you kill me!!! you are so stinkin' funny plus I really love troys comment!!!!!