Tuesday, June 1, 2010

My new Best Friend!



I never thought I would say this but, " I love to bike". I know what some of you thinking "I hate bikers, they are always in the way," belive me until two weeks ago, I thought the same thing. It wasn't until some fun, cute girls invited me to go on a ride with them that changed my mind. The first ride was not to hot, they were all in shape and had nice bikes, me on the other hand was out of shape and rode a mountain bike(they are not the same as road bikes, I soon found out), I could not keep up, it sucked! So, I took a huge leap and got me a bike, helmet, gloves, padded shorts(very much needed) and water bottle and tried it again, it was awsome. Luckily, the girls were so kind to let me try it again with them, the second time was much better, I could keep up with the pack. Now I'm addicted, I'm always wanting to bike to my mom's or looking for a good route as I'm driving. I like biking for 3 reasons: 1. it's good exercise 2. it has given me some new friends 3. it gives me a good break from the house and kids!

7 comments:

Megan and Jon said...

I'm totally jealous, i have always wanted one of these

Megan and Jon said...

I'm totally jealous, i have always wanted one of these

Tyler and Katie said...

Can't wait to give you a honk and see those padded shorts. Good for you, you'll be awesome!

Matt Payne said...

really it sounds fun. I'm glad you enjoy it.

Jill said...

that was me.
dang matt.

Emily M said...

Good for you! My brother Brian and his wife are really into cycling. Have fun!

Alecia&Kaylee said...

That would be fun to do!! You are out there in the perfect place to go biking!! Glad your liking it so much! I need to do some exercising myself!!